Amit Kakar M.D.
Head of Healthcare – Asia, Avenue Capital Group
Dr. Amit Kakar has extensive experience in developing healthcare platforms. He built and now leads the healthcare practice for Asia at Avenue Capital Group. In his current role he sources, evaluates, invests in and manages healthcare opportunities across Asia, focusing primarily on the region’s emerging economies.
Before joining Avenue Capital in 2007, Dr. Kakar worked at GE Healthcare for 14 years, where he held various senior positions in India, China and the US. He is also Six Sigma trained.
“In The Grace Children’s Foundation I see a unique organization that brings together global resources in providing medical care and expertise, special education resources and rehabilitation to children in need. TGCF’s Children’s Resource Exchange Center is an innovative model that can be replicated globally, helping orphaned children and those who are disadvantaged due to a lack of vital resources. I am proud to be associated with such a great cause.”
Dr. Kakar has experience in many areas of the healthcare and life sciences sector, including:
• Understanding the Hospital, Diagnostics, Pharma and Healthcare IT segments in key markets, including India, China and SEA.
• Visiting more than 300 hospitals in China to understand the healthcare service delivery process there.
• Establishing close working relationships with several Global Academic Institutions including Duke, Stanford, Harvard, Johns Hopkins and Emory.
• Developing an optimal organization framework for managing a $500M business at GE Healthcare.
• Working closely with several large hospitals in the Pan Asia region in his leadership role at GE.
• Member of the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA).
• M.D. from Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, India.
• Research fellow at A.I.I.M.S, New Delhi, India.
• M.B.B.S from V.S.S Medical College, Burla, India.
• Green Belt Certified and Six Sigma Trained.
• Charter member of TIE (The Indus Entrepreneurs), Hong Kong Chapter.